Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Band Review - Soulwhirlingsomewhere

This is my first band review. I just located their msypace page and thought I would write something about them.

Name: Soul Whirling Somewhere
Label: Projekt
Genre: Darkwave/Ambient

About soulwhirlingsomewhere
[from their profile]:

guy meets girl. girl dumps guy. guy attatches too severely. guy can't let go. immerses himself in the pain. all that's left to do is write songs about it, which, ironically, only serves to further perpetuate the problem. repeat.

Can't get enough of this band! I looked at my CD collection and over the past 10 years I've purchased 5 of their CD's, making them one of the most collected bands in my collection!! I guess that amounts to something.

Anyway, this guy (Michael Plaster, I believe is his name) has had at least 10 years to get over this girl, whoever she was. His music is as obsessed and desperate today as it was back in the late 90's.

Today, I salute that dedication.

I would suggest purchasing his first CD (called "Eating the Sea"), but it's kind of a "cult classic" album. It hasn't been produced for several years, and everyone once in a while you'll find one on Ebay for $50+. I found a copy of it for about $6.

Soulwhirlingsomewhere on Myspace
Another SWS profile
Soulwhirlingsomehwere.com
Projekt Records (one of my favorite labels!)

No comments: